“Due to the COVID-19 situation, our VITA locations are now closed indefinitely for face-to-face assistance. Please check back later, we will have a web portal for online assistance soon.”
What is COVID-19?
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), signs and symptoms resemble the common cold or flu and may include a runny nose, cough, sore throat and fever. Most people (about 80%) have a mild presentation and recover from the disease without needing special treatment. People can catch COVID-19 if they breathe in droplets from an affected person, even if asymptomatic.
Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19
Today, the President released new federal guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Even if you are young or otherwise healthy, you are still at risk and your activities can increase the risk for others. It is critical that everyone does his/her part to stop the spread of the coronavirus:
• Work or engage in schooling from home whenever possible.
• If you work in a critical infrastructure industry as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, such as healthcare services and pharmaceutical and food supply, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule. You and your employees should follow CDC guidance to protect your health at work.
• Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
• Avoid eating or drinking in bars, restaurants and food courts. Use drive-thru, pickup or delivery options.
• Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips and social visits.
• Do not visit nursing homes, retirement or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.
• Practice good hygiene:
o Wash your hands, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface.
o Avoid touching your face.
o Sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
o Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces, as much as possible.